Day Nine: My Smack in the Face

July 9, 2015.

God is so Amazing! Even in the small things He is always there for me! I am just so in awe of how great He truly is. During this month, one of my things was to not spend money on things that aren't necessary. (which has been very hard-- Especially yesterday when I saw the cutest pair of heals for only $15!!! But don't worry, I didn't buy them) My reason for this was to focus on things more important and to not get caught up in materialistic things and also to catch up on my tithes and my bills. This week I have had several hair appointments so I decided to devout this weeks wages on my tithes and my Macys bill. (Up next is the awesome part) I sat at my desk counting it all out tonight, putting the money in all the tithing envelopes and I noticed I had the perfect amount! But that's not all I looked over and counted the rest that wasn't in any envelope, it was $63... I was in shock! My Macys bill was $62.56. God had provided the perfect amount for me! He even gave me more! (.44 cents!!) The fact that something as little as that and God had provided for me, made me feel so important! God cares so much for me!! It's funny, the things in life that we think God is "too big" to even care about are where he chooses to show His unconditional love for us! It's kinda like a slap in the face... It was a very humbling experience.

I didn't consciously think God wouldn't provide. But I was fully prepared to not pay one of them this week thinking it had nothing to do with God. But it does! This life I'm living is His and here I am thinking how/when I make money isn't because of Him. God knew exactly the amount I needed and He sent the right amount of hair appointments to me and gave me a slower week at Macys to fit everyone in. That couldn't happen by coincidence. It had to be God.

In the Bible it says, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4) When I first read this verse years ago, I read it out of context. I believe many think, if we love God and do good He will just give us what we want. But that's not entirely true. I went to a conference several years ago and went to a class on Knowing God's Will in Your Life. Looking back, that class when I was 14 was not as profitable as it would have been at 18 but I do remember one thing the teacher said. When talking about this verse he said that by delighting in the Lord we are following His ways and walking His paths. And by doing that our desires will be His desires. The older I get the more that makes sense.

Even as earthly as my desires were, by following God's will He provided for me. He will do the same for anyone who looks to Him and lives their life for Him. No matter how small or silly you may think your desires are, God cares because He loves us so much! Don't ever doubt God's capability in making things happen. He is all powerful and you will (like me) just get a smack on the face if you ever think otherwise.

Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord forever; with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations."

Comments

Popular Posts