Day Five: For Me To Live Is Christ

July 5, 2015.

Today was the first Sunday I have got to attend a church service all the way through since May. I didn't realize how much I was missing. Missing the atmosphere of being at church, missing worshiping with other believers, and missing listening to teachings about my God. It was really starting to take a toll on my faith.

My faith was becoming complacent. A habit that you do but you aren't really aware of it and it doesn't seem to affect you. Your faith and relationship with God shouldn't be this way! It is no way to live your life. Today in the service Pastor read this verse:
Luke 9:23 If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. This is how we are to live our Christian lives. We must choose DAILY to deny ourselves and follow Him. It shouldn't be a habit but a cognitive decision we make every day. That was my problem. I would go days without thinking about it. I was content with where I was with my relationship with Christ.

But not anymore! This life was meant to be lived not to just exist. One of my favorite verses is Philippians 1:20-21 which says:
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body whether by life or by death." For me to live is Christ and to die is gain. By life or death. That is such a powerful statement. I pray that I can live my life with convictions that strong. That everything I do in life will be done for the sake of Christ.

This month so far has been about seeking God's will for my life. Figuring out what is the next chapter in my life and trusting that God knows what is best for me is hard. But I have faith that no matter what is next in my life, as long as I am living for Christ,  I will be happy and satisfied. I will be living my life for Christ and there is no better way. 

Christy Nockles says it perfectly in her song, Let it be Jesus.

For me to live is Christ
For me to live is Christ
God I breathe your name above everything
Let it be, let it be Jesus
Let it be, let it be Jesus

Should I ever be abandoned
Should I be acclaimed
Should I ever be surrounded by the fire and the flame
There's a name I will remember
There's a name I will proclaim
Let it be, let it be my Jesus
Let it be, let it be my Jesus

As today and this weekend finally comes to an end, this is my prayer for today, tomorrow, and the weeks to come. God's will be done, not mine. It's not my life anyway, It is His.



Comments

Popular Posts