February: DIY Valentine

So I'm really big into making things. I feel like they mean more and come from the heart because someone took the time to make it. So this year I decided to make a huge Reece's. And by HUGE I mean 23 oz. of chocolate chips and 18 oz. of peanut butter huge!!! Just imagine the amount of calories in it!  As big as it was it was so super easy to actually make! Anyone can do it, and by anyone I mean even a 5 year old.

Ingredients: 
23 oz of milk chocolate chips 
18 oz of peanut butter 
1 cup of powdered sugar

You'll also need parchment paper and a tin of some sort and a cooking spray. 

I first put the parchment paper in the bottom of the pan. Then I spray the sides of the pan with the cooking spray and blotted with a paper towel to get rid of any of the access. (I wanted to make sure the chocolate wouldn't stick to the side of pan.

After that, I melter about 3/4 of the bag of chocolate chips and poured it into the pan making sure it covered the bottom and the side equally.

Next, I let it sit in the freezer for 15 min. 

During that time, I mixed the peanut butter and the powdered sugar with a mixer. 

After the 15 minutes was up, I poured the peanut butter mixture into the pan and made sure to smooth it all out. 

Next step is to melt the remainder of the chocolate and pour it on the peanut butter and put it back in the freezer for 30 minutes. 

When it's time to take it out, I put another piece of parchment paper down and held the pan upside pushing the Reece's cup out of the pan. Mine came right out and I just removed the parchment paper and it wa ready to eat! (Or serve.) Whichever you plan on doing.

Now of course this doesn't just have to be for Valentines Day! It can be made at anytime you want a Reece's... (Which let's be real.... When don't you want a Reece's?!) 

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!! 

xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts