Day Thirty-One: God's Never Done with You.


July 31, 2015.
The last day.  There have been some hard times this last month. Times where I gave in and had that piece of red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and chocolate chips… times where I just decided to walk around the mall instead of read my Bible… But there were also times where God showed me amazing things. And those things are what I’m going to focus on.  
That’s what we all have to focus on in life. We cant live our lives focusing on our past and the wrong things we have done. We are all going to fail. That’s just a fact. We aren’t perfect. BUT what defines us is how we respond after we make mistakes. Do we pick ourselves up and move on, living for God? Or do we lay there, helpless and content with failure? Are we too proud to ask for help?

I think the main thing I’ve learned this month is that no matter what you are doing, if you aren’t doing what God wants you to do, you won’t be truly happy. Here I am working at Macys, making enough to pay off my school bill, pay the bills I do have, save some, and have extra for spending. I coach cheerleading and have the best squad ever. (most of the time) I also am a hair stylist and that keeps me pretty busy in all the other free time I have. But all this, and I still wasn’t happy. Nothing I was doing was wrong, or not profitable for me. But I wasn’t doing exactly what God wanted me to do. That is why I haven’t been completely happy. August 29th will be my last day at Macys. Yes, I loved working there. The people were great! It’s a great place to work, BUT God has something else for me.
I don’t know what that something else may be. For now I am stepping out in faith and waiting for His direction. That’s all I can do. 
Some of you might be in a similar situation. You might not know what's next in your life. You might think God is done with you or that God can’t possibly use you. But you are wrong. God can use anyone. No matter what you’ve done or haven’t done God can use you and your past experiences for His glory.  Even if you’ve failed a hundred times or don’t have the courage to even try. With God ALL things are possible. The weak are made strong. The blind can see. All you need is faith in Him.
This song came on the radio the other day and I just almost started crying. Every word of this song was exactly how I felt. It’s like this song was written just for me. But really this song is probably the story of all of us and how broken we are before we have Jesus in our lives. All we need is Him. All you have to do is call on Him.  
I just let go and I feel exposed
But it’s so beautiful because this is who I am
I’ve been such a mess but now I can’t care less
I could bleed to death but lord I’m ready now  
All the walls are down, time is running out
And I want to make this count
I ran away from you and I did what I wanted to
But I don’t want to let you down
Lord I’m ready now
 
I was so caught up
In who I’m not
Can you please forgive me?
Lord I’m ready now
 
All the walls are down, time is running out
And I want to make this count
I ran away from you and I did what I wanted to
But I don’t what to let you down
Lord I’m ready now
 
I’ve nothing left to hide
No reasons left to lie
Giving me another
 
Lord I’m Ready Now by Plum
It’s hard asking for help. It’s even harder giving up control of your life. But God has the best waiting for you. Just have a little faith.
Matthew 17:19-21

The disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive out it out?” He replied, “Because you have so little faith.  I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you say to this mountain ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move, nothing will be impossible for you.”

Comments

Popular Posts