Day Three: Give Me Faith

July 3, 2015.

Give me faith
to trust what You say
that You're good
and Your love in great
I'm broken inside
I give You my life

I may be weak
but Your Spirit's strong in me
my flesh may fail
but my God you never will.

Give Me Faith, by Elevation Worship.

These are words from a song that has been my constant prayer today. Give Me Faith. Having faith in someone other than myself is such a hard thing for me. I am so dependent on myself that having my life in someone else's hands seems so foreign. I like to be in control. But what has that control got me so far is this life? Nothing. Here I am now on my knees praying for His will. Not knowing what is next in life has been a very humbling feeling. I've had to let go. And let God.

Temptations. We all have things in our life that are such a huge distraction and temptation that keep us from growing in our relationship with God. One of mine is social media. Over the past couple years social media has really exploded. Almost everything we do is based off something we saw off a social media site. From a new DIY we saw on Pinterest, to trying a new make up technique that we saw on Instagram, to some weird video challenge we saw on Facebook. We have all been guilty of one of these (or like me, All of them.) We take pictures of our food, of our new shoes, or a cute outfit you put together and post it for all to see. But why?

I have come to the conclusion that it's because we just want to show things off and brag about the things we have. We want people to see it and "like it". So by liking "it" they in turn like "us". Everything we do on social media is to please others opinions of ourself. But why?

Are we not confident of how God has made us? Are we not happy with the life He has given us? Why are we always  seeking the approval of others? Is it to build up our self esteem? The only opinions that matter in this life are God's opinions of us. And yet, we don't worry about that as much as we should. Maybe it's because we know God will forgive us and accept us no matter what and people won't.

I let social media consume me. And I have let my weakness become my life. I wouldn't go 30 min (if that) without checking new posts on Instagram and Facebook or getting on Pinterest to see new outfits and DIY projects. Not being on any social media has honestly been the hardest part of this month so far (and it's only day 3). But It has also made the most impact so far. I am not comparing myself to the way people look or the lives others live. I have been solely focused on my life and my relationship with Christ. God says we were made in the image of Him. Not the models you see in the fashion magazines, or our next door neighbor, or the celebrities we see on television. WE ARE MADE IN THE IMAGE OF CHRIST. God designed us to be perfect and in His likeness. Far too many of us sell ourselves short because we don't aim to be like Christ, we aim to be like this world.

God has already started molding me to be more like Him in just three days. I can't wait to see what He is sculpting me to be. I challenge you to have faith and let go of whatever is holding you back, and let God take complete control of your life. Let Him use you for His glory.

2 Chorinthians 12:9-10
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me, That is why, For Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Comments

Popular Posts