January: Write Handwritten Notes

Snail mail? Do people even really use that anymore? I saw so many Instagram or Facebook Christmas "cards" this year that I almost thought mail didn't exist anymore except for sending you bills...  In The Year of Cozy, it challenged me to write hand written notes. My first thought was would people really care? Was is something that I even wanted to take the time to do? or even finding the time to sit down and write out the notes was gonna be hard. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it wasn't about who I was sending the notes to exactly or what specifically I would say. No, for me, it was about stopping what I was doing to think of someone other than myself.

I am a hairstylist, so for me I decided to write out "Thank you" cards to my clients that I have had the longest. The ones that have been the backbone of my business. The one's who have not only blessed my business, but also my life. I owe them so much. They have given me everything from laughter to life advice to more clients to build my business. The least I could do was send them a thank you.

I didn't go all out with the notes. I used black 4x6 inch card stock that I already had and used my white pens to write "thank you" in cursive on the front an all the cards. On the back I wrote out each card specifically for each individual. To show a little more of the appreciation I have for each client I also gave $5.00 off for each year they have been a faithful client of mine.

None of that is anything special and to be honest it only took me a couple hours to write out every single one. But I'm so glad I did. As I was writing each one, it gave me time for a reflection on each person and all the good times and laughs I have had with them. I truly have some of the best clients I could even ask for. And it was a reminder to not take the things and relationships I have for granted.

So, as The Year of Cozy challenged me... I hope that this challenges you to take the time out of your "busy" life to thank someone, tell someone you love them, encourage someone, or reconnect with a long lost friend. I promise you, you won't regret it. All it costs is a little bit of your time and less than 50 cents.

I really hope you take the time to bless you and someone else.

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts