January: A Cookie Monster

For those of you who don't know me, I am a little bit of a cookie monster. I have one... then one becomes two... and before I know it, I have eaten half a dozen. (Probably why I have gained a couple pounds but... YOLO) Well it was a couple weeks ago and my sweet tooth was really acting up, so I decided to make cookies from scratch. Which for some that might be a menial task, but for me it was like conquering a marathon (nearly impossible). I have already told you all, I am no cook or baker so there was no recipe for me to turn to. So what does any normal female do? PINTEREST! As I scrolled through all the cookies, I was looking for the picture that looked like they were the chewiest and fluffy cookies I could find. After about 20 min. of looking at cookies, they all started to look the same... so I just decided pick one. (like how many different ways are there to make chocolate chip cookies?)

I looked through the recipe, making sure I had everything on that list. Luckily I did! So step by step, I made sure to follow every word of that recipe except for one thing.... Instead of 2 cups of chocolate chips, I did 1 cup of dark chocolate ships, 1 cup of white chocolate chips, a whole hershey's bar, and about 3/4-1 cup of peanut butter.... (Clearly I was headed for a sugar high) 

When those cookies came out of the oven, they literally looked like the best cookies I had ever seen. And to my surprise they even tasted AMAZING. So amazing that I can't stop making them and I wanted to share with all of you the recipe. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!!! (I just hope you have more self control than I do.) 

*just a reminder this is NOT my recipe. So you are definitely safe to try these!

Refrigerated

1            Egg
1            Egg yolk

Baking & Spices

2 cups     All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp    Baking soda
1 cup      Brown sugar, packed
2 cups    Chocolate chips, semisweet (or like I did)
1/2 tsp    Salt
1tbsp      Vanilla extract
1/2 cup   White Sugar

Dairy

3/4 cup   Butter, unsalted

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. (We have a convection [I heard that makes things cook faster?] oven so I actually cooked mine at 300)

2. Sift together the four, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

3. In medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand (honestly that just sounds like a mess) or a wooden spoon. If your butter was still hot when you added it your dough may be really wet at this point. Let it rest at room temperature for a couple minutes. 

4. Roll a scant half-cup of dough into a ball. Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull apart into two equal halves.  (I have no idea what a scant is so I made them a little bit bigger than golf ball size) Place dough on cookie sheet and roll it taller than wider. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light and golden brown and outer edges start to harden, while the center is still soft and puffy. Approximately 11-14 min. DO NOT OVERBAKE. (I cooked mine a total of 14 min. So 7 min each way.) 

5. Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without braking. Transfer to wire rack to cool. 

Enjoy! Let me know how they turn out!

xoxo.

Comments

Popular Posts