January: Start a Good Habit

If you're the kind of person who has new years resolutions, then you probably at some point (or maybe even every year) have made one about losing weight or exercising more. I'm not one to call them "New Year's Resolutions" I just call them my goals for the year. I think it totally a mental thing but by seeing them as goals for the YEAR I feel like if I mess up at the beginning and don't stick with it, then I still have the rest of the year to make up for it.

In The Year of Cozy, it challenges the reader to "Start a Good Habit". When I first thought about that, I was kinda thinking habits weren't really things you planned on starting... they are things that over time you just do over and over and over again. In many cases you think of them as bad or just insignificant things like: never making eye contact while talking to someone, or not closing the door while using the restroom, or always looking in the mirror right before you leave the house. None of those things are choices that you started and thought "I'm going to do this from now on until it becomes a habit."

But maybe if we looked at our resolutions or goals like that, then just maybe we wouldn't slack off on them a third of the way into January. We must make them habits. I was once told that to break a bad habit you had to not do whatever it was for 21 days. So logically I would think it was the same for starting good habits. 21 days.

So for 21 days I am going to make exercise become a habit of mine.

Spring semester started this week, so I saw it as the perfect time to get my routine going.

Monday: No class so I will do 1.5 hours working out at my gym.

Tuesday: I have 3 classes so I will do a light 30 min workout at home.

Wednesday: No class. 1.5 hours of working out at my gym.

Thursday: 3 classes and will do 30 min work out at home.

Friday-Saturday: I have 1 class on Friday. I will do a total of 1 hour workout between the two days. (So if I don't work on Friday then I will on Saturday)

Sunday: will be my day off.

If for whatever reason I don't want to get out to go to the gym, I have an at home regimen that will replace my gym workout. I try to stick with mostly cardio for now and mix in some squats and core exercises.

My goal is to do 5 hours each week. Which may not seem like alot, but you gotta start somewhere! Im gonna be real honest here.... and this week was rough.. but next week will get better! The key is to just stay active and keep moving forward!

I hope yall join me in starting a good habit in your life. We must remember, as hard as it may seem at times, starting a GOOD habit will be totally worth it in the end.

xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts