Food: Enjoying the Little Things

This blog post was not a planned one. But sometimes the best things are never planned.

This week is my last week before my classes start back up for this next semester and I decided that I was going to sleep in every day this week. (Seeing as starting on Tuesday I will forget what that is like until summer.) In doing so my breakfast has become my lunch. I have gotten up every morning and made my self coffee and waffles and cut up some of my favorite fruits and just sat down and enjoyed the food I made. That's not something I do very often. I think it's something a lot of us don't do often. Actually sit down and enjoy our time eating.

I am definitely guilty of eating on the go constantly or multitasking to the fullest. Unless I am eating with my family, there isn't a meal that goes by that I am not working through, on my phone during, or driving while trying to eat. It's sad really because I love food (and I know you do too... who doesn't?!) and I'm not even taking the time to enjoy it. I think a lot of us can be like that. We try to think of times in our day that we can cut out completely or squeeze as many things as possible into it as we can.

But I have come to the conclusion that if we stop what we are doing and take the time to enjoy what we are eating, we will eat less. I surely have. Instead of rushing and just stuffing the food into my mouth (as I'm also trying to avoid potholes and stopped traffic), I stop and think about what is going into my mouth. Which also makes me aware of when it's time to stop. That is another one of my biggest problems... knowing when to say "I'm done". I become so busy that I'm not listening to when I'm not hungry anymore and before I know it, I'm stuffed!!

"Some people eat to live, and others live to eat." If you're like me then you definitely live to eat. So I'm challenging you, as I'm challenging myself... Stop, and enjoy what you are eating. Food can be a big part of your life, you just have to learn to control it and enjoy it.

I have decided that at least one meal (if not all) I will stop everything else I am doing and just relax and enjoy it. No more work lunches. Or eating on the go.

This won't be easy, but I hope you will join me. It's all about enjoying the little things.

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts