Be you tiful: True Beauty

What is Beauty?

According to the world, beauty is based on your outward appearance. Its in the way we dress, if our makeup is perfectly contoured, and if we have the perfectly coordinated outfit. As a young woman I know every single woman has struggled with comparing themselves to this definition of beauty. I know I'm guilty. I've struggled for years trying to fit into the mold this world has created for "beauty".

In God's word it says in Ecclesiates 3:11, "He has made everything BEAUTIFUL in His time." I grew up knowing this. But I still fed into the lies this world was telling me. I had to be a certain size. My hair had to look a certain way. I always had to have makeup on. I had to be wearing the newest trends. But what were all these things focusing on?! The focus was only on my outward appearance. It didn't seem to matter if I was kind, or loving. It didn't matter if I had compassion or was a good person. It only mattered what I looked like. That's what made me "BEAUTIFUL". God says in 1 Samuel 16:7, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him.  For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." 

And what had I been doing? I had been doing exactly what He commanded us not to do. I had been trying to live up to un always changing expectation that no one can really meet. All I did was compare myself to others and I was never happy with how God made me. But when I started comparing myself to Jesus and who He wanted me to be I found that with His help I could meet His expectations. I had true happiness with the satisfaction that I got knowing I was who God wanted me to be.

Coming to that conclusion is what's beautiful. Knowing that it doesn't matter what man says about you. You are God's child, doing His will and that is what makes you beautiful. The best version of you, that you can be, is the one God wants you to be.

Even Coco Chanel understood true beauty. She said, "Beauty begins the moment you decide to Be Yourself." That's all you ever can be. Never be afraid to step out of the crowd and be you. You will never be happier.

Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."







Comments

Popular Posts