My life? Or Yours?

 What do You plan to do with your life? That is the question we've all heard over and over again. It's the question we've all asked ourselves. A question we've worried and stressed over. If you're like me, it could be the question you still ask yourself and you have no idea what the answer is. 

 What will my career be? Who will I marry? Will I have kids? Will I make a difference in this world? These questions fill my thoughts constantly. In Jeremiah 29:11 it says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." I know this verse by heart and it's been one of my favorite verses for years. But yet I still worry. I wonder what my life has in store for me.  

Being 21, I feel like I should have a plan by now. And everyone expects you to have a plan with what you want to do with your life. But I don't. I have no clue. Is it wrong to be curious? Or to be anxious to know my future? My curiosity just makes me anxious and leaves me feeling torn. God says to not be anxious in anything but by prayer make your requests known to Him. My struggle is letting that anxiousness I have consume me and letting it take control of my actions. It drives my thoughts and makes me feel like I have to be in full control of my future by planning it out step by step. 

I think this question is what a lot of people struggle with. Figuring out what you want to do with the rest of your life is a big decision. The world expects us at 18 to know upon graduating high school! We've barely lived, we can't all know what we want to do with our life. But there's the problem. We ask what WE want to do with our life. When we should be asking God what HE wants to do with our life! 

Boom! There it is!! We've been asking the wrong question. We've been seeking out our own desires when we need to be seeking out Gods desires for our life. We would have no need to worry. God has our best interests at heart. All we have to do is trust Him with our lives, which being our creator, it should be easy for us. 

I know this is so much easier said then done! It's hard to give up that control on our life. To take that leap of faith and let someone else guide your path. Without following Gods will in your life you won't truly be satisfied! You will always want more. Something bigger, or something better! Just give it to God. Ask Him, "What do YOU want to do with my life?"

For those of you who are struggling to know your path in life, you are not alone. I've really been struggling with this lately. I have no idea what God has in store for my life and giving Him that full control to follow where He leads honestly scares me alittle. I've always been in control of my life and turning it over is hard. But I know doing my own thing and going my own way, without Gods guidance, will not leave me satisfied with my life. I must do what God has planned for me. 

So to all you high schoolers planning the rest of your life: start praying to God now asking Him to show you His plan for you! It's never too early. 1 Timothy 4:12 says, "Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." Even at your age you can start to do Gods will in your life. 

To all who are like me and are struggling to find your place in the world: "Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" (Psalm 27:14) His timing is perfect. Don't lose faith. 



Comments

Popular Posts