Making Everyday Count

Growing up in a Christian home and a Christian school was an amazing blessing. There were things that happen in this world that I never had to deal with until now. Most people think it's awesome I never got questioned about my beliefs and I wasn't pressured daily about drugs and alcohol and partaking in immorality. [im not saying that none of those things happen at a Christian school, because it does, there just isnt the daily pressure to do them.] I loved going to a Christian school! I hope to send my children to one someday. But because I was so sheltered, life outside came to such a big shock to me! 

After highschool, I went to school for cosmetology. I loved it there and the teachers were great but I really lost who I was that year. I struggled with wanting to fit in with everyone and understand everything that they were talking about. I wasn't up on all the popular singers or movies, I didn't know anything about alcohol or dugs and I found myself wanting to know these things so badly so I wouldn't stand out. 

These same desires carried over into my first job, Wendys. I found myself still wanting to sound like my coworkers and act like my coworkers so no one would know I was different. Because being different isn't fun! It's hard. 

Starting at Macy's I thought things would be better. But after so long of wanting to be like everyone else I had finally become like them. Except the ladies at Macys weren't like that. They were older ladies who knew of and honored God. So again I didn't feel like I quite fit in. I felt different yet again. 

I still just wanted to blend in. I didn't want to speak up about Christ or talk about my opinions on homosexuality or sex before marriage or even drugs and alcohol. I just wanted to stay quiet. 

A couple months ago, the end of March a lady whom I've worked with for over a year died suddenly in her sleep. I was so shocked. No one who has really been apart of my everyday life has ever died so suddenly before. All I could think about was where was she going to be spending her eternity. In Hell? Or Heaven? I began wondering if I ever even shared with her about Jesus. And started to regret all those months I had tried to fit in when I should have been standing out and sharing my story and my faith. 

Her death is what lead me to start writing this blog. I wanted to live with no more regrets. As hard as it is to share my faults and struggles with everyone, I know God uses all of us for His glory. Knowing that, and how I could help or encourage someone else and show someone Christ, made my vulnerability all worth it. 

Standing up and sharing my story was a hard and scary decision. I trusted God and it was so worth it! Never had I taken a stand before, but there was so much positive feedback. Don't be afraid and let your story be known! Let God use you for His glory and don't live your live with regrets.

In April, after posting for several weeks I was reported to Instagram for inappropriate content. I was so confused! How could someone report me for just talking about God and my opinions. I didn't understand and that is what has been keeping me posting. But I know that's wrong. I can't let Satan discourage me and keep me from doing the Lord's will. 

Don't let Satan keep you from shining bright for Jesus! We are called to be a city on a hill shining brightly for ALL to see. Don't be discouraged from being you and who God made you to be. Living in this world will not be easy. Living for Christ will not be easy. But it's so worth it! Take heart and stand up for Christ, he will always have your back. 

Comments

Popular Posts