Running

You said don't go
the way is far too hard
that made me walk away
to show you all I know
I can do what I want
don't have to listen to you
cause what do you know. And now

I'm running from your face
running from your love
wanting my own way
who cares about what I've done
I'm too far gone
no way to turn back now
Gotta pull my head up high
and keep on passing by

I'm where I always wanted to be
but now I'm all alone
broken hearted and friendless
with no plans on where to go
my hope has come and gone
Lord please help. And now

I'm running to your face
to feel your warm embrace
wanting you to stay
and lead me down your road
I was so wrong
to turn my heart from you
I was pleasing this world
when I should have been pleasing you

But you are Grace giver, my Father
My Hope and Strength
no other can offer
me everything

And now I don't have to run
and I don't have to cry
or think there's no one by my side.
And I don't have to run
and I don't have to cry
because the Lord is by my side.

Comments

Popular Posts